Welcome to the Tomopop Forums.

Forums vs Blogging

Is it possible within the structure of the forums/blog that we can publish posts here to Blogs on the main site?

The writing tools here are easier to use and I feel like it would be a really good option for those that want to participate in both but have limited time to do so.

King of Tomopop
    I'm not sure yet, as vBulletin's third-party and everything we use is proprietary. But I know there are changes coming later this year to the blogs software (and the site itself) because we're running on an older version than our sister blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Szabelski View Post
    I'm not sure yet, as vBulletin's third-party and everything we use is proprietary. But I know there are changes coming later this year to the blogs software (and the site itself) because we're running on an older version than our sister blogs.
    I know one site I used to frequent had it set up so that you could cross-reference the blog/forum posts. People's posts on the forums could also be nominated as articles. It was kind of cool. The issue they ran into was spam control.

To be honest, on Seibertron.com, one of the big 3 Transformers sites, we banned all Chinese and Russian IP addresses for a while and that cut the spam by about 95%. It's harsh, but if you can get analytics on your user base by country, you can check to see if measures like that will actually affect your users.

Administrator
    Seems like a nuclear workaround, no?

Let's just make the cblogs easier to use We can't modify Vbulletin too much out of their framework but I can modify the cblogs system to resemble more like Vbulletin.